The Grasshopper 400 Series zero-turn lawn mower features the legendary power of a Vanguard Big Block EFI, V-twin with Electronic Throttle Control engine that delivers best-in-class torque and fuel economy. Commercial landscapes depend on Grasshopper mowers for their comfort, performance, productivity, quality and dependability.
Vanguard Big Block EFI Engine
- 993 cc Vanguard Big Block EFI engine with optimized fuel injection and spark timing for added power and fuel economy
- V-twin OHV technology with superior balance, low vibration, lower emissions, improved valve life, better fuel economy and higher HP/Weight
- Industrial grade solenoid shift starter for quick, reliable starts
- Suite of support and diagnostic tools allows for minimizing potential downtime
- Facilitates faster and more precise service
Design-Matched G2 Transmission
- Rugged G2 transmission with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement 21 cc piston-type pumps and high-torque Parker wheel motors
- CoolFan™ hydro cooling system with 7-micron absolute filter for cooling efficiency
- Delivers smooth response and requires less maintenance, with industry-leading 1,000-hour fluid change interval
Vigilant Operator Presence System™
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt
- Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse
- Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
Ultimate Operator Station™
- The deep-cushioned, deluxe Premium Comfort Seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Iso-mounting eliminates vibration before it reaches the seat, and both padded seat and foldable armrests are covered in scuff-resistant, breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric, which dissipates heat and won’t tear or crack with extended use.
- Operational controls including throttle, ignition and push/pull PTO switches, choke, angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach.
- One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
Hydraulic Height Adjustment
- Hydraulic Height Adjustment for MidMount DuraMax™ decks 61-inches and larger allows operators to raise and lower cutting height at infinitely variable settings with toggle switch control. Standard on 400 Series models.