The Grasshopper Mowers 524V-42 is the fastest, most economical and compact FrontMount™ commercial riding lawn mower available. This zero-radius mower with a 42-inch front-mounted cutting deck will fit through 4-foot gates and is perfect for homeowners and landscape professionals. Enjoy all the zero-radius maneuverability, cut quality, comfort and durability that only Grasshopper riding lawn mowers provide. The PowerFold® Electric Deck Lift feature raises the deck to a near vertical position for easy cleaning and compact storage.
B&S Commercial Turf Engine
- 724 cc (44.2 cu. in.) Commercial Turf, V-Twin, OHV engine
- Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability
- Five-step, Integrated Cyclonic Air Management System for cleaner performance
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details)
- Design-matched, fully hydraulic Parker HTE Series integrated pump-and-wheel-motor transmissions with in-line cooling fans and fine-particle filtration
- No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts for longer service life
- Provides best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time
Vigilant Operator Presence System™
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt
- Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse
- Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
Ultimate Operator Station™
- The deep-cushioned, deluxe Premium Comfort Seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Iso-mounting eliminates vibration before it reaches the seat, and both padded seat and foldable armrests are covered in scuff-resistant, breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric, which dissipates heat and won’t tear or crack with extended use.
- Operational controls including throttle, ignition and push/pull PTO switches, choke, angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach.
- One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
PowerFold® Electric Deck Lift
Standard on all FrontMount™ DuraMax® decks, PowerFold® is the zero-turn mower industry’s first electric deck lift (introduced in 2004).
PowerFold® rotates the deck nearly 90 degrees to provide easy access to the underside of the deck for simplified maintenance and mulching package installation, plus space-saving portability and storage.
The feature also adjusts cutting height between 2.0 and 4.5 inches and controls deck lift functions using a single switch.